Car maintenance is the act of examining or checking the condition of the car's subsystems and replacing its parts and fluids for a better performance and to prevent possible engine problems. It is significant to have regular car maintenance to guarantee the reliability, safety, comfort and longevity of the car. During preventive maintenance, parts are to be replaced if needed for safety reasons as well as to avoid more serious damage.
Based on data from car repairs in austin, car maintenance schedule depends on the year, model and the construction of the car, the driving conditions as well as the behavior of the driver. The ideal car service maintenance should be done based on these limits:
* During extreme weather climates- hot or cold or changes in weather
* During some heavy stop and go and for long distance cruising
* By the number of trips and the distance traveled by each trip in a day
There are two types of automotive maintenance schedule to follow. There is the standard car schedule and the car specific maintenance schedule. Sticking to either of the two car maintenance schedules will help your car to run and look good for a long time.
The common basic car care checklist includes the following:
1. Car Wash - Wash your car regularly and as needed particularly after long trips
2. Checking and replacing the engine oil and filters - Checking them helps you to identify if you already need replacement
3. Checking and replacing the fuel filters - Same as engine oils, fuel filter replacement may be required as well
4. Inspecting and replacing the windshield wipers - As windshield wipers are relatively important, making sure the properly work is a must.
5. Inspection of the tires for possible wear and pressure - Essential parts like tires must also be checked as often as needed.
6. Wheel balancing - Not doing so may result in road accidents.
7. Wheel Alignment - Are they all properly aligned and adjacent to each other? Better check them out.
8. Checking and cleaning or replacing the batteries - Your car wouldn't function at all without them.
9. Inspecting and replacing the brake pads - This must be done especially if you have a problem stopping the vehicle
10. Checking or flushing fluids form brake, power steering wheel, and transmission
11. Inspecting and replacing electrical wirings - Not properly installed wiring may lead to poor performance of the engine
12. Inspecting and replacing air filter -Not doing so may reduce the effectiveness of the vehicles air conditioning and heating performance and may reduce airflow
13. Inspecting and replacing belts- This is to avoid screeching car belt
14. Lubricating of locks, hinges, and latches
15. Checking of lighting system - This is particularly important during night trips
16. Tightening of the cars knots and bolts - This is to prevent them from getting loose
17. Checking the rubber boots if it needs replacement
Make the above-mentioned basic car care checklist a guide for your car's optimal performance. Never neglect any minor problems as it affects the safety and comfort of your travel.
The author does not allow comments to this entry